To improve health care in underdeveloped countries, beginning with Tanna Island, Vanuatu.
To create a healthier tomorrow
Registration and the formation of Bridging Health
Bridging Health Inc. formed in 2012, after Ricco Yasso, a descendant of Vanuatu, approached Australian nursing student, Sherrie Lee, to request her assistance in providing health care to communities on Tanna Island.
The initial need was identified after seeing local village children playing with infected leg wounds, and subsequently making enquiries about local services available to treat them. The enquiries uncovered a dire shortage of health care facilities and services necessary to enable effective wound healing, but more importantly, uncovered a much deeper need for primary health care on Tanna Island.
Following this initial observation, planning commenced to develop a charity to meet the community’s need for basic health care. This vision of aiding less fortunate communities by offering health care in a tropical location by visiting qualified health care professionals instigates a healthier future for time forgotten communities.
In order to deliver the most appropriate health care to the community, the following five elements guide our vision:
1. Education – improve basic health care knowledge in local communities
2. Resources – provide appropriate supplies to local communities to improve health care
3. Sustainability – ensure continuous improvement of health care
4. Empowerment – inspire local health care professionals to influence health care change
5. Relevance – ensure solutions are relevant to local communities
For much more detailed information, please download our information booklet in the Downloads section of this site.